Jul 2, 2012

Read the Words, But Don't Judge Why It Was Written


The Digital Age of the Internet has redefined interpersonal relationships drastically.  We are no longer bound by space, time or distance thanks to the likes of email, Facebook and Twitter. We keep in touch with old friends, and make new ones that we may sometimes never ever meet in person. 

Added to all this is the medium of blogging. Bloggers are an eclectic bunch.  Some do it for a living; others do it to be heard.  Yet others (like me) do it as a shared diary of their lives and or opinions.  But one thing is for sure—what is posted is out there for the world to see.  And unfortunately, to also judge.

Within the span of 2 days, there have been two tragedies among our traveling families community.  Both of these families chose to post very personal tributes of their experience online.  And I suspect, both of these families have been unfairly judged for doing so as a result.

I’ve never met either of these families and only ‘know’ them through their writing.  I can’t say that I can directly relate to what either family are going through right now, both having lost their babies in separate tragic circumstances.  But as a mother and a family who shares their love for family travel and who can relate somewhat to their ideology of parenting, I feel their loss tremendously. 

Now is not a time to judge them, but to admire their courage to give us a glimpse, through words, of their painful journey.  For them, this is what they need to and that’s all that should matter.  My heart and my thoughts are heavy.

R.I.P. Trek Ingram (11.04.11-21.06.12) and Elijah Rainbow Fisher (26.11.11-23.06.12)


3 comments:

  1. thank you so much, that is so kind and loving. xoxo, Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say you have maintained a nice blog with useful information.


    Thanks
    India Tours

    ReplyDelete